– President Obama to Wall St., 4/29/2010
It’s a real danger in Silicon Valley. I’ve seen it happen to my neighbors—but not me. <sigh> Now the President is warning us of this rare, but terrible, plight. Just so you don’t fall into the “Oh, no, I have more money than I need” dilemma, I’ve gathered some helpful hints.
Don’t let it happen to you. Check for the following signs, most courtesy of Jeanne Sahadi of CNNMoney.com
Signs you have too much money:
- Bling H2O bottled water-$38/bottle for the limited edition bottle decked out in Swarovski crystals bottled in Tennesee.
- Silver sleeve for your Haagen Dazs– $1,057 from jewelry and silverware designer Theo Fennell. It slips over a pint of your favorite flavor. The sterling silver tub is engraved with the words “Haagen Dazs.”
- BMW 3-series wagon – A man in California reportedly purchased one for the sole purpose of having his housekeeper take his dogs to the vet.
- Girl’s bed – $47,000/Designed like a coach available at Posh Tots.
- A Gucci chainsaw – Gotta have it.